- Employee Engagement Survey 11 April 2018
- Touch Typing 6 April 2018
- (╯°□°）╯︵ ┻━┻ 5 April 2018
- I shit you not! The waste of my development “day job” 4 April 2018
- A simple example of an Observable/Subscribe function in TypeScript 3 April 2018
- Sorting algorithms can be difficult, but I gave it a crack and here’s what I produced 20 March 2018
- Travel Tips & Checklists 18 March 2018
- Confucius Say 14 March 2018
- 16 years of forms-over-data 13 March 2018
- Find top people to follow 13 March 2018
- “Users” are real people 10 March 2018
- Users do stupid things 10 March 2018
- Chafing 10 March 2018
- Write comments in your code 8 March 2018
- Do software courses with “advanced” in the title mean we’re making the subject too complicated? 8 March 2018
- Peel a hard boiled egg (cold from the fridge) 8 December 2017
I’m Jason. From Melbourne, Australia.
During the day I’m a full-time software developer for a local enterprise software consultancy.
At night I wear many hats in a small business I co-own, Vylesk. I’m a manager to overseas staff, business partner to a bloke I’d take a bullet for, I design software, write documentation, dream big, plan for the future, procrastinate over accounting, and generally think the software industry needs a kick-in-the-backside-wake-up-call and I wouldn’t mind being there to help deliver it.
At 37 I’m actually a smiling, optimistic and happy person despite having the nickname “Grumpy Cat” (we’re all actors) and losing-finding-and-losing-again many times my passion for programming.
(Truth be told I’ve never really liked programming, but after 30,000+ hours writing code I can make statements about it with some authority.)
But I do love crafting and building things. Software is my tool and I see so much that can be done. I have an energy and love for it that drives me to be up 19 hours a day.
I swear like a trooper, I step out of the way of people that don’t deserve it, hold the door open, smile and say hello, listen to EDM when I’m in the zone, tell bad dad jokes, and, quite frankly, I couldn’t give a damn what people think of me. Perception means nothing – it’s action that counts.
I was put on this planet to love my wife, build good things, teach, help people, and make a bit of a difference.
See this page.
But you may be more interested in a photo I took of a really big snail:
Where to Find Me
Always start here. I write about all sorts of useful and practical things on the blog.
I also write a bit on my public business Knowledge Base at kb.vylesk.com (it’s like a more technical version of my blog).
I also just returned to Twitter to follow awesome people so you may find the odd gem from me at https://twitter.com/JasonSnelders.
I will also be attending NDC Security for the full 3 days on the Gold Coast, Australia from 14-16 May 2017.