- Turn ASCII list of text URLs into HTML list of hyperlinks (with Regex and Notepad++) 1 July 2018
- Tip for Junior Programmers: Tracing Flow Through Code 21 June 2018
- TypeScript: Convert a String Variable to a Number Variable 21 June 2018
- Father’s Day 19 June 2018
- A Short Story – 2 3 June 2018
- A Short Story 3 June 2018
- WordPress – Adding post category requires page refresh to show up 2 June 2018
- Tackling Regex – Value cannot start or end with space, but can contain spaces and selected characters, up to max length 25 May 2018
- webpack issue: “The CLI moved to a separate package: webpack-cli” 18 May 2018
- Stielhandgranate symbol in Visual Studio 2017 9 May 2018
- What is a predicate in computer/software programming? 7 May 2018
- SQL SERVER WHERE clause returns match when field contains trailing space 7 May 2018
- WordPress: An embedded page at widgets.wp.com says – Request failed. Returned status of 404 6 May 2018
- Views on Software Development Team Leadership & People Management 5 May 2018
- Copying from Excel adds quotes to pasted values 4 May 2018
- Add 2FA (2 Factor Authentication) for your Gmail and Google GSuite users 2 May 2018
- Default/natural sort order of rows returned from SQL SELECT query without an ORDER BY clause 1 May 2018
- Touch Typing 6 April 2018
- (╯°□°）╯︵ ┻━┻ 5 April 2018
- I shit you not! The waste of my development “day job” 4 April 2018
- A simple example of an Observable/Subscribe function in TypeScript 3 April 2018
- Sorting algorithms can be difficult, but I gave it a crack and here’s what I produced 20 March 2018
- Travel Tips & Checklists 18 March 2018
- Confucius Say 14 March 2018
- 16 years of forms-over-data 13 March 2018
- Find top people to follow 13 March 2018
- “Users” are real people 10 March 2018
- Users do stupid things 10 March 2018
- Chafing 10 March 2018
- Write comments in your code 8 March 2018
- Do software courses with “advanced” in the title mean we’re making the subject too complicated? 8 March 2018
- Peel a hard boiled egg (cold from the fridge) 8 December 2017
I’m a business web application developer. I build stuff, try to be helpful, and solve business problems.
I’m also: dyslexic; travel the world with my wife; walk and cycle to work.
I love solving small problems that make a big difference.
I specialise in:
- Front-end web development.
- Research, analysis and prototype development.
- Solving and developing solutions for fixed-scope problems.
- Application and process documentation.
- Team support.
- Web Application Security (AppSec).
- Software usability (UX).
- Process automation and DevOps.
Core technologies I work with:
- C#, ASP.NET, .NET Framework (no Core experience yet).
- PHP, WordPress.
I’ve traditionally been a full-stack web application developer.
I’m also experienced with:
- Angular 5 (and a smidge of 1.2)
- A/B testing
Build primarily to service a new section to this site and release free for the world to use.
(First published 7 July 2018 with more features and enhancements to come, including favicon display. I’m also dogfooding it at https://connect.jsnelders.com/).
WhatsMyTime: Initial R&D prototype developed at https://stackblitz.com/edit/whatsmytime. Further development and a dedicated site with examples to come.
(7 July 2018: I’ve just managed to get the site up and some initial pages down. It’s ugly, it’s raw, it’s got a long way to go – please bear with me.)
Where to Find Me
I try to write useful and practical things here, on my blog.
I’m also active on Twitter at https://twitter.com/JasonSnelders.
A really big snail!?
Struth! My folks know how to feed them.