Independent small business owner, consultant, software project manager, educator, and software developer. Yes, I really do it all.
What do I do?
- Run a small software development business called Vylesk.
- Work with .NET, PHP, WordPress, VueJS and Azure.
- Solve problems and write about them.
- Lead and manage small software development teams, and mentor junior developers.
- Educate student software developers.
- Sleep. About twice as much in my late 30’s as my 20’s. Sleep is good!
Recent Blog Posts
- Morning routines 15 October 2019
- GUI 15 October 2019
- Command-line editors: there is no debate 15 October 2019
- Tips for non-English speaks in an English speaking professional workforce 14 October 2019
- A 30 minute job is 10 years of experience 8 October 2019
- Safe advice for failure 8 October 2019
- Interim (the correct spelling) 8 October 2019
- The Cloud (is not the rose that it seems) 8 October 2019
- Get started with MongoDB and PHP with XAMPP on Windows 24 September 2019
- Sample Vue.js app to demonstrate the simple concepts (app, conditionals, loops, binding, components, and routes) 10 August 2019
- Git: Reset a local branch to last remote commit, remove unstages files, and fix file permissions 10 August 2019
- The difference between old media and social media 23 July 2019
- Potato Salad with Bacon and Eggs 19 July 2019