G’Day! I’m an independent software consultant, software team & project manager, educator, and developer.
What I do:
- Lead and manage small software development teams, and mentor junior developers.
- Educate student software developers (at RMIT).
- Work with .NET, PHP, WordPress, VueJS and Azure.
- Co-run a small software consultancy.
- Solve problems and write about them.
- Sleep. About twice as much in my late 30’s as my 20’s. Sleep is good!
In my “off” time I travel the world with my wife, exploring new countries most years. In 2021 planning on finally climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Information Security (InfoSec, AppSec)
- Password management
- Software maintenance
- Training and mentoring student and junior developers
- Ergonomics and workplace environments/
Recent Blog Posts
- Code to convert exported Chrome bookmarks HTML to JSON 14 November 2019
- Software Development: Build, to Fail. Fail, to Learn. Learn, to Succeed. 11 November 2019
- [Vue warn] and browser caching 7 November 2019
- [Vue warn]: v-bind without argument expects an Object or Array value 3 November 2019
- Passwords made easy: use a pass phrase 2 November 2019
- Software Development Team Leads 2 November 2019
- Multitasking 1 November 2019
- Morning routines 15 October 2019
- GUI 15 October 2019
- Command-line editors: there is no debate 15 October 2019
- Tips for non-English speaks in an English speaking professional workforce 14 October 2019
- A 30 minute job is 10 years of experience 8 October 2019
- Safe advice for failure 8 October 2019
- Interim (the correct spelling) 8 October 2019
- The Cloud (is not the rose that it seems) 8 October 2019
- Get started with MongoDB and PHP with XAMPP on Windows 24 September 2019
- Sample Vue.js app to demonstrate the simple concepts (app, conditionals, loops, binding, components, and routes) 10 August 2019
- Git: Reset a local branch to last remote commit, remove unstages files, and fix file permissions 10 August 2019