I'm Jason Snelders, a software developer based in Melbourne, Australia.
I work full-time as a business software developer during the day,
and for the last 4 years have also run my own small business website
In 2016 I started winding down the consulting work to give myself more
time to focus on application development and my career.
In May 2016 I started developing a personal project called Attiva Connect
- a software as a service web application to help with research, bookmarks and note management, a problem I
still struggle with.
Attiva Connect is due for public release in October 2016.
You can find my profession profile maintained on LinkedIn at https://au.linkedin.com/in/jsnelders,
or downalod my resume now.
For all enquiries please contact me at:
or phone 0467 005 063 (Australia).
I'm a mature, pragmatic full-stack .NET and web front-end software developer with 15 years commercial experience.
- I care very much about writing clean, robust code and simple, maintainable architectures.
- But code itself does not excite me. Is a drill interesting to a builder?
- What gets me out of bed every morning, and drives me to keep up with the industry, is the ability to build and maintain solutions that people use and enjoy.
- I'm a people person and leader at heart, as comfortable talking to customers and CEOs as writing code.
- I care about every aspect of software development, from working with customers and gathering requirements, through infrastructure, tools and DevOps, helping other developers, to customer support issues and hunting down bugs.
- I can talk passionately for hours about business, code, architecture, problems, solutions, travel, culture... you name it. But to this day I still struggle to explain technical concepts I use every day because that's just not how my brain works.
Please also check out www.attivaconnect.com for a personal product I'm building, and please ask me to demo and talk about it when we meet.
Things I know and have experience with:
- C#, .NET, ASP.NET, MVC
- REST-like web service
- SQL (language), SQL Server, relational database development
- SCSS, jQuery, Bootstrap, KnockoutJS, RactiveJS
- Unit testing
- Git, TFS/Subversion
- Agile and Waterfall
- n-Tier enterprise architecture, modular design, clean design
- Maintenance, legacy system support and development
- Customer support, business support and consulting
- Developer support, mentoring, leadership
- Data analysis, reporting
I also know a bit about:
- Entity Framework 6, Microsoft Azure, security
Things I don't know but can learn easily:
- React, Angular, ES6, AWS, WCF.