Senior problem solver, code wrangler, and Full StackOverflow web application developer.
Check out Make sure to check out uses.tech.
Password/Secrets Management & 2FA
- LastPass – My primary password manager (premium user).
- Bitwarden – Secondary password manager (open source product). Used for shared business secrets.
- Authy – 2FA application of choice. Why? If you lose your phone you don’t lose all your 2FA with Authy. Re-sync and
Software Development Language / Frameworks
- .NET Framework
- .NET 5
Previously (<3 years):
- Angular 5
- Google G Suite
- Email clients: Outlook; web browser (Google)
- Microsoft Teams
- Mobile: Signal – For all text messaging, including standard SMS.
Software Development Tooling
- Visual Studio 2019 – Primary IDE for .NET, C# & Azure development
- SQL Server Management Studio – For running easy ad-hoc queries against SQL Server (including Azure SQL).
- Tara AI – Scheduling and development task management.
- Beyond Compare (purchased) – File and text comparing and diffing.
- GitKraken (purchased) – And excelling, premium GUI Git client. GUIs make me more productive.
- Fiddler – For network traffic inspection while developing.
- Postman – For API development testing
- Microsoft OneNote for all note taking
- Online drive: Sync.com
- VPN: ProtonVPN
- PC blue light filter software: f.lux
- Ad blockers: uBlock Origin; EFF Privacy Badger
- Android podcast apps: Pocket Casts Plus (for most podcasts); Podcast Addict (for music podcasts)
- I use 2 apps because I listen to all non-music podcasts at 2 to 2.2x speed, and want to keep my music playlists separate.
- Cryptomator – Encrypted file containers on your local disk that mount to a mapped drive. They can be synced with cloud drives like Dropbox and Sync.com
Office, Desk, Equipment
- 2017 HP OMEN 15″ gaming laptop
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz,
- 16GB RAM
- NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Keyboard & Mouse: Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Combo Set
- Chair: 12 year old Herman Miller Aeron ergonomic chair.
- Desk: Just some crappy old desk from a market years ago.
- Monitors: 2 x 27″ monitors. Nothing special, lots of space.
- Desk location: Beside a window with natural light and ventilation.
- Webcam: Logitech Brio Ultra HD Webcam
- Headphones: Sony WH-XB900N noise cancelling headphones.
Bike & Exercise
- 2017 Giant Cross-City 1
- 20-25Km “sprint”, 4-5 times per week. 80-90% max heart rate for ~90% of the time.
- Commuter cycling when working in an office, usually ~5km each way.
- Garmin Vivo Active 3 watch
- Headphones: Sol Republic Shadow Wireless In-Ear Headphones Bluetooth
- Knives: Global