What do I do?
I “say no” and ask “why”?
I say no because I that’s often the answer people need (even if they don’t want it) before the real discussion starts.
I ask why – even if it seems a “dumb” question – because that’s how you get to the heart of many important matters.
After that I go home and think long and hard.
But you want to know my services:
- Business consulting: helping non-technical business owners figure out how to use technology, web-based software in particular).
- Business workflows & process automation: “forms over data”. People do stuff. Data is entered. Data is stored. Data is processed. And data is reported. I help businesses figure all that out in a way that helps them be more efficient and improve their business practice.
- Customer support: This is just BS for “I know how to talk to people and work with customers”.
- Software developer leadership and management: I have software developers I need to manage. I’m also training them to be better developers.
- Web application design and development: 20+ years of programming and software development. 60+ hours per week. I can’t remember half of all I’ve done. I live and breath business software.
- Process improvement and automation: Many people are lazy. Most businesses are inefficient. Process improves a lot of this. I don’t bullshit. It all adds up.
- Documentation: I love writing documentation – especially process documentation – because that means the boring stuff is solved, the relevant information is recorded and available to look up, and everyone can focus on figuring out the actual important stuff.
In terms of programming, I’ve been a full-stack web application developer for much of my career to date.
Core programming experience
- NET Framework (no Core experience yet)
- Angular 5
I’m also experienced or have dabbled with
- A/B testing
- AWS CloudFormation
- Azure Functions, SQL, Web Apps