- Small business consulting
Helping non-technical business people figure out how to make use of technology and web-applications.
- Business workflow & process automation
Forms over data. People do stuff. Data is entered. Data is stored. Data is processed. And data is reported.
I help businesses figure all that out in a way that makes them more efficient and improve their core processes.
Make those boring and time consuming manual processes digital, fast and automated.
- Leading software developers
I manage and mentor software developers.
- Web application design and development (software architecture)
20+ years full-stack web application design and development.
- Technical & process documentation
I’m dyslexic and would rather do something other than write. But documentation – especially process documentation – is essential because it solves the boring stuff. Relevant information is recorded and available, and everyone can focus on the important stuff.
It’s the first step to automation.
- Working with non-native English speakers
I have a lot of experience working with software developers who do not speak English as their native language.
Language barriers can be tricky to work with, particularly when conveying detailed technical requirements.
Patience and understanding is essential.
I’ve been a full-stack web application developer for nearly 20 years.
I design and code:
- Front-end web interfaces
- Server-side processing.
- SQL databases and data storage.
I am experienced with:
- Software design/architecture
- Waterfall and Agile environments
- Security mindset
- Cloud services
- Windows, Mac and Linux (essential command-line competency)
Current Languages & Tools
- .NET Framework 4.x (no Core experience yet)
- WordPress (including extensive theme and plug-in development)
- SQL Server
- CSS (I love debugging CSS)
- Bootstrap (3.x – current)
- jQuery (still a daily staple with WordPress)
- Visual Studio 2017
- Cloud9 IDE
- VSTS/Azure DevOps (2 years, 2016-2018)
- Octopus Deploy (6 months extensive experience, 2016-17)
- Angular 5 (1 year, 2018)
- Knockout.js (2 years)
- A/B testing (1 year)
- AWS CloudFormation (6 months extensive experience, 2016-17)
- And some eons ago:
- Access database development & VBA
- Excel automation with VBA
- Classic ASP & VBScript
- Visual Basic 5 & 6
- And waaaaay back in the start…
- GW-BASIC & Q-BASIC (where I got my start)
Also Dabbling With
- Azure Functions
- Azure App Services
- Passwords Management
Storing passwords. Unique password. Better storage and management of passwords.
- Application Security
InfoSec, specifically for web applications.
I’m a seasoned traveller of the world and love it. 1-2 trips to different countries with my wife every year. It broadens the mind.