- Business consulting
Helping non-technical business people figure out how to use technology, web-application software in particular.
- Business workflows & process automation
Forms over data. People do stuff. Data is entered. Data is stored. Data is processed. And data is reported. I help businesses figure all that out in a way that helps them be more efficient and improve their core process.
- Software developer leadership
I manage and mentor software developers.
- Web application design and development
20+ years of programming and software development. I can’t remember half of all I’ve done. I live and breath business software.
- Process improvement and automation
Many people are lazy. Most businesses are inefficient. Process automation helps a lot. It all adds up. Let people spend their time on real problems, not minutia.
- Technical & Process Documentation
I’m dyslexic would rather do something other than write, but I do love documentation – especially process documentation – because it solves the boring stuff, relevant information is recorded and available, and everyone can focus on the important stuff.
- Passwords Management
Storing passwords. Unique password. Better storage and management of passwords.
- Application Security
InfoSec specifically for web applications.
I’m a seasoned traveller of the world and love it. 1-2 trips to different countries with my wife every year.
- Owning and running a small business (solo and partnership)
- Employing and managing remote staff
- Delegation and sharing responsibility
I’ve been a full-stack web application developer for nearly 20 years.
I can design and code:
- Front-end web interfaces
- Server-side processing.
- SQL databases and data storage.
I have experience and competency with:
- Software design/architecture
- Waterfall and Agile environments
- Security mindset
- Cloud services
- Windows, Max and Linux (essential Linux command-line competency)
Current core languages & tools
- NET Framework 4.x (no Core experience yet)
- WordPress (theme and plug-in development)
- SQL Server
- CSS (I love debugging CSS)
- Bootstrap (3.x – current)
- jQuery (still a daily staple with WordPress)
- Visual Studio 2017
- Cloud9 IDE
- Microsoft Excel
I’m also previously experienced with
- VSTS/Azure DevOps (2 years, 2016-2018)
- Octopus Deploy (6 months extensive experience, 2016-17)
- Angular 5 (1 year, 2018)
- Knockout.js (2 years)
- A/B testing (1 year)
- AWS CloudFormation (6 months extensive experience, 2016-17)
- And some eons ago:
- Access database development & VBA
- Excel automation with VBA
- Classic ASP & VBScriopt
- Visual Basic 5 & 6
- GW-BASIC & Q-BASIC (where I got my start)
Also currently dabbling with
- Azure Functions
- Azure App Services