- Full-time software developer since 2002.
- Responsibilities have included: full-stack development, front-end web development, software architecture, team support & leadership, product support, customer support, A/B web optimisation testing.
- Small business owner since 2012 (in addition to full-time work).
- I take a pragmatic approach to development and learning.
- My life is defined by the laugh lines around my eyes and my ability to make others smile.
- Software design and programming.
- Leadership, management and support.
- Customer management.
- Requirements analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Research, evaluation and prototyping.
- .NET, C#, Visual Basic (VB.NET, VBA).
- WordPress, PHP.
- Various source control systems (Git, TFVC, Subversion).
- SQL, relational database development.
- Unit testing.
- Working with cloud services (Azure, AWS).
- Software architecture.
- Design, software usability.
Bachelor of Computing (Multimedia Technology)
1999 – 2001
Interests and Learning
- Software Security
- Usability & User Experience (UX)
- Software developer education
- Development team leadership
- Process automation
- Documentation (technical/user)
Outside of Work
- I walk or cycle to work.
- Travel of the world with my wife.