A little project I started late tonight.
I want to create a web page that looks like it has a stack of paper, where you can “flip away” the top page after you finish reading it. Similar to a “flip book” (see turn.js as an example) but having only a single page showing at a time (vs the 2-page “open book” every other solution goes with).
I found the CodePen https://codepen.io/mlms13/pen/LKFoy which I forked as a starter for the version I’m now developing:
I still have a few features to add:
- Page curl at the top right (possibly).
- Responsive design for different screen sizes. I’m not sure what I’m going to do about that at the moment.
- External forward and back controls.
- List all pages (or pages already read) so you can quickly go back.
- Give pages a title, and an optional number.
I’ll continue to work on this over the coming days and provide updates here.
(Yeah… that didn’t happen)