Original Source: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/33375/creamy+pumpkin+soup
(Reproduced here for easy access because I use this recipe often.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 600g peeled, chopped pumpkin
- 1 potato, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 leek (white part only), chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups (750ml) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pure (thin) cream
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds (pepitas), toasted
- Dried cranberries and finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add garlic, vegetables and nutmeg, then toss to coat.
- Add stock and 2 cups (500ml) water, then bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Cool slightly.
- In batches, transfer to a blender and whiz until smooth.
- Return soup to the saucepan and place over low heat.
- Stir in cream, then season.
- To serve, ladle into bowls and top with seeds, cranberries and parsley, then drizzle with extra oil.